Friday, December 09, 2005

Virginia Trip - the departure

I arrived at Thurgood Marshall BWI Airport around 8:20 tonight, and I was surprised. The security area was empty – completely. I was surprised. I mean this is after all among the most traveled times of the year. I breezed through security in a flash. I entered the gate area and there was people everywhere.. Just not at security. This is a welcome and refreshing surprise.

So I got to my gate and found a seat and sat down. Checking out the scene I saw a shortie or two, including one that I almost broke my neck to see. Turns out the shortie was a bit on the old side and looked like hard life slammed into him with the force of a ton of bricks.

The flight was delayed, but only slightly. The plane arrived at the time it was supposed to be departing. Fortunately there weren’t too many passengers deplaning, so we started boarded within a few minutes. We pulled back from the gate at 9:38, and were cleared for take off 8 minutes later. At 9:48 we were airborne.

The flight was smooth, and we landed at 10:19 on the dot. It was a beautiful flight. I got my rental car and headed to my destination.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I love airports! An airport is a place so full of possibility; you stand in the terminal, and infinite futures radiate out around you in all directions.

Every time I return from a trip, I am met with a tremendous urge to fly to some random place I've never been, get a random job, and make my way. Hawaii, California, Rome... Who knows what I might find when I get there?

Thus far, I've never actually taken that flight. Each time, however, it becomes more difficult to resist.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home