Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Cali Day 3

It's my third day in California and I must admit it's starting to grow on me. I like the calm and easy going nature of the folks here. And everyone seems so gosh darn friendly!

Last night I didn't go out with my buddy as planned. I got back to the hotel late, and I was locked out of my room for a time, as my key did not work. When I went to the front desk to have it resolved, there was a long line of people checking in, so I had to wait.

I stayed up until late reading The DaVinci Code and it is a quite gripping novel. By the time I was ready to eat, my stomach said it was time, it was close to 10:30. The Boston Market across from the hotel, on Contra Costa Boulevard closed at 10. I felt like a salad, since I didn't want to eat anything too heavy that late at night. The only place I could think of was the 7 Eleven on Main Street near the freeway on ramp, and the Safeway which I had spotted two nights before.

The 7 Eleven had about 3 salads, all with cheese, and dressings that would certainly keep me in the bathroom or send me to the Emergency Room. While I had a pretty good idea where to find the Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, I didn't want to have to. So I drove around until I found the Safeway. It was at the corner of Mount Diablo Boulevard and (the street name escapes me right now).

I found a nice Asian Salad with Sesame Ginger dressing, crispy noodles, Mandarin Oranges and Chicken. It was complemented by Pom, Pomegranate juice, which is regarded as being very good for you. I had no idea that these fruits were so good for you when I used to wolf them down back home. I felt so Californian last night; I nice healthy salad with a healthy drink, even if it was at almost 12 on Wednesday morning.

I could live here, if I had to. I like the whole cosmopolitan and cultural feel to the place. It's very clean, filled with art and sculptures everywhere. My only problem would be my daughter living on the other side of the country, 3 hours ahead. I would have a hard time visiting her, since the trip on average takes 8 hours. By the time I got there, it would be time to go back home.

That's it for now. Hope my readers are all having a great day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bailey said...

California is a beautiful place to visit. A bit pricey to live there.

San Diego is also an awesome place!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I've seen you in the blogging world, but never stopped to say hi. Well, hi.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home